If you are a new pet owner, you are looking for quality pet supplies, pet medications, veterinary care and pet food. According to statistics from the American Pet Products Association (collected from various market research sources), Americans spent a total of $10.41 billion on consumables and over-the-counter medications in 2010. Statistics also show that pet owners persist despite the 2008-2009 recession. spend on these materials, albeit sparingly.
Types of Pet Supplies
While there are different types of pets, pet supplies are different from those for dogs, cats, birds, and reptiles. Here are some:
- Dog supplies: The variety in dog supplies is huge, from bedding to food to medicines. Different dog breeds and sizes have different attitudes and may approach new things differently. For example, new dogs and puppies are best kept in a crate until they learn the new house rules. Dogs that are difficult to train and often inquisitive will benefit from having lots of toys to keep them occupied, such as plush baby toys, collarbones, rubber horseshoes, and flight companions.
- Cat supplies: Cats are the easiest to care for because they are naturally clean. The huge assortment of cat toys, which includes cat furniture and litter boxes, is used to keep them healthy and happy.
- Birds: Birds in cages should interact frequently and have lots of toys in the cage. For example, perches, swings, towers and ladders are good additions to exercise.
- Reptiles: If you have amphibians or reptiles as pets, it’s important to keep them where they can’t escape and where they can have fun. But keep them away from the crowd as reptiles are reclusive animals.
- Others: If you have pets, you should keep the aquarium clean so that the fish do not die. Fish generally need temperatures around 78 degrees Fahrenheit. You can also install an aquarium heater to maintain the water temperature and add decorations to beautify it. If you have reptiles as pets, you can buy a cage, terrarium, bedding and substrate, and only optimal lighting.
How to Buy Pet Supplies at Discounted Prices
The best way to buy quality pet supplies at an affordable price is to shop online rather than visiting a retail store. Here are some tips for buying them:
- Online sites do not have overheads such as storefront building expenses, advertising costs, and employee expenses. Therefore, it results in savings passed on to customers as discounted prices.
- Read product reviews on popular sites. For example, if you want to buy toys for your pet, read about other people’s experiences with these toys and buy the ones that best suit your needs.
Because online pet supply stores are often professionally owned, they also offer free expert advice. Plus, pet owners can compare prices, purchase supplies whenever they want, and get customer support around the clock.