Natural herbs for healing the human body and mind have been around for several centuries and are common in almost all cultures of the world. But the advent of modern medicine hindered their use and broke our old relationship with nature’s herbal health preferences.
The modern medical approach is not health-centered but rather disease-based and offers few recourses to achieve optimum health. Herbal medicine, on the other hand, treats the human body in a holistic way. It does not focus solely on the disease; looks after the general well-being of the human body and preventing diseases from attacking it.
Although some people claim that herbal medicines are dangerous, this can be interpreted as correct when herbal medicines are used indiscriminately and unaware of the herbal properties. By using natural remedies we mean that the prudent use of herbs and herbal remedies will lead to a healthy and harmonious balance of the human body. They serve to charge and energize your body. They have a natural ability to help the body heal and prevent possible illness by boosting the body’s own healing power and immune system. Herbs can be used in their natural form or as an herbal blend. You can also improve your health by choosing herbal supplements. In addition to a healthy and balanced diet, using nutritional supplements containing herbs can bring you one step closer to achieving optimum health.
Below is a list of the most commonly used herbs and the conditions they are used to treat.
- Aloe vera – Used to treat burns, wounds and skin disorders and to fight infections.
- Arnica Montana – Used to relieve pain.
- Bilberry Extract – Treats visual disturbances, urinary tract infections, kidney stones and diarrhea.
- Black Cohosh Extract – A great herb for feminine problems like PMS and menopause.
- Ginseng – Rejuvenates the whole body and improves overall health.
- Ginger – Used to cure nausea and help with digestive problems.
- Turmeric Extract – Has anti-inflammatory, anti-carcinogenic and antioxidant properties.
- Wild Yam Benefits – Very effective for women’s problems; It can help balance hormones and is a valuable herb at various stages of a woman’s life, including menstruation and pregnancy.
Other popular and widely used herbs with wonderful medicinal properties to boost health are green tea extract, herbal ginkgo bilboa, licorice root, and saw palmetto.
What are green food supplements?
Green food supplements – These are all natural food supplements that help fight illness and disease. They provide your body with essential vitamins, minerals, and enzymes that it sometimes can’t get enough of through a diet alone. Green food supplements are made from super green foods that help alkalize, energize and nourish the body’s cells as well as balance the body’s pH level.
Listed below are some of the main ingredients found in green food supplements.
- Alfalfa is one of the most mineral-rich green foods, containing Vitamins A and C, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus, which are extremely necessary to maintain a healthy body.
- Barley is a source of chlorophyll and supports the body’s immune system, aiding in cleansing and detoxification.
- Chlorophyll found in the green part of plants has been found to help heal intestinal ulcers, liver ailments, eczema, gastritis, asthma, constipation, bleeding gums, and burns.
- Green tea is a very powerful antioxidant and has been proven to help diabetes.
- Seaweed is a rich source of vitamins and minerals used in the treatment of active thyroid problems.
- Spirulina is a green food supplement with a high protein content. It performs many functions, such as maintaining the body’s immune system, lowering cholesterol, and helping to balance blood sugar levels.
- Turmeric root is antifungal, antiparasitic and used to clean the blood.
- Wheatgrass is another of the super green foods that helps create a very unfavorable environment for bacteria.