Smoking is one of the most alarming habits emerging among people today, from adults to teenagers and even teenagers. According to the study, approximately 442,000 people in the United States die each year from diseases caused by smoking. It turns out that 85% of lung cancer deaths are caused by smoking. In addition, smokers are at risk of cancer of the larynx, oral cavity, esophagus, bladder, kidney and pancreas. Other adverse health effects of smoking appear gradually over time, others can be measured almost instantly.
SIDE EFFECT OF SMOKING HABITS
1. Some smokers inhale the tar absorbed by the lung cells, causing them to die. The tar also damages the eyelashes, which protect against infection in the upper respiratory tract.
2. The nicotinic content of cigarettes causes narrowing of the arteries, lowering skin temperature, and reduced blood flow to the hands and feet.
3. 80% of smoking-related deaths are caused by coronary heart disease or chronic airway obstruction. An example is the nicotine in tobacco combines with carbon monoxide in tobacco smoke to damage the lining of blood vessels and make blood platelets more sticky.
4. Smoking increases the risk of stroke by 50% in men and 60% in women.
5. Studies have shown that there are mothers who give birth to premature or low-weight babies more often, possibly due to reduced blood flow to the placenta.
6. Babies born to mothers who smoked during pregnancy may increase the infant mortality rate.
There are numerous reasons why you should quit smoking. These are as follows:
• Bad breath and stained teeth.
• Decreases athletic ability.
• It causes the heartbeat to accelerate and blood pressure to rise.
• Bad odor on clothing and hairs on the skin.
• Causes cough and sore throat.
• It is expensive.
• Risk of lung cancer and many other types of cancer.
• Serious breathing problem
• Cigarettes have toxic chemicals that are harmful to health.
• Risk of gastric ulcer and acid reflux.
• Causes gum disease.
• It harms the babies of pregnant women.
• Sets a bad example for your child and the people around you.
All in all, it’s best for you to quit smoking and start enjoying a healthy life. All the negative effects of smoking that occur here have been proven and have resulted in the lives of many smokers. It is better to stick to letting go than to go to the untimely grave. Secure your future today. Your family, friends, and well-wishers will not be happy to shed tears for you when the time has not yet come. Quitting smoking is not that easy, but it is a gradual process. Take the first step by making the decision to quit, and then determination can help you do the rest.